Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Black Swallowtail" Original Oil Palette Knife Painting by Hallie Kohn Art

I painted this photo in January using watercolors here, and wanted to see if I could accomplish any of the same things with oils and my palette knives. Not sure I could. In the photo there is more variation in the green behind the butterfly and flower. I did some underpainting, and let it peek through a bit. When I try to get a few different greens going, no matter how close they are, it starts to look like sponge painting--that is not the look I'm into. Instead I kept the background thin and layered the paint more thickly in the flower and butterfly.

6x8 Oil Palette Knife Painting

























No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...