Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sunflower Sunset and Postcards From the Beach - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina



Sunflower Sunset
by Nancy Medina
20X16
Oil on Archival Panel


Sunflower Sunset was one of my six classroom demonstrations in Fort Lauderdale, Florida this weekend. Tomorrow morning we leave the classroom behind for a day of plein air painting. My hosts found a charming cottage with a bougainvillea garden, so we shall be out bright and early to paint. I specialize in a "kinder, gentler" plein air, and have a few ladies who will have tables and chairs for their outdoor painting experience, with an ocean breeze and a palm tree swaying nearby. The owner of the garden was so kind, he stopped by my class today with his chocolate lab to make sure we were coming over tomorrow to paint his garden. He was super excited, as he is also an artist! I love these little simpatico moments in life, don't you? 

Stay tuned, I promise to share more of my Florida adventure with you on my art bloggy. In the meantime, here is a postcard for you of sunset at dinner on the beach. Sure wish you were here with us!




The demo collapsed with color....



Wishing you were here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...