Monday, March 26, 2012

"Sioux Warrior Sitting" by Kathryn Willis

Sioux Warrior Sitting,12x9, oil on panel, Kathryn Willis

After recent figure painting workshops, I'm trying to bring what I've learned to my own work before I forget what I've learned. This painting was done in life drawing session this week. Dressed in deer skin pants and brightly colored weavings, the model represents a Plains Indian warrior, probably Sioux, from the 1800's.

Painting Available for Purchase

Sign up for my free monthly newsletter here.

For information about this painting and to view my work:
My website site: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com
My blog: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com/blog
email: kathy@kathrynwillisart.com

Galleries: Joan Cawley Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ

Sedona Arts Center, Sedona, AZ

Raku Gallery, Jerome, AZ

Outskirts Gallery, Hope, ID






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...