Monday, March 19, 2012

Floral Still Life on Canvas by Jill Saur


"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way, things I had no words for".  - Georgia O'Keeffe

This is "Joyful Encounter".  This vibrant floral still life is an acrylic painting on canvas that measures 36"x36".  This piece has an abundant amount of texture because aside from my brush, I've used my palette knife to apply thick paint.

I have been deeply inspired from the masters of the past who used rich brushstrokes to portray their art.  Paul Cezanne and Vincent Van Gogh are two of the masters that come to mind whose work I  admire.

This painting is available to purchase by either contacting me through my website or visiting Matilda's Art Gallery in Historic Roswell, GA.  Thank you for viewing! - Jill Saur

My website:  CLICK HERE



©199-2012 Floral Art by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. Jill I really encoutered joy looking at your floral still life , and likewise I am facinated by both Cezanne and Van Gogh .

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...