Tuesday, March 6, 2012

River Water oil landscape daily painting by BECKY JOY



"Flowing River" oil 6x6" $100.
 Click here to bid. 

 Hi everyone, I started this painting as an example for one of my students in my online workshop to show her a couple of points. This morning I looked at it and liked what I had started. So I repainted it and filled it out more having my daily painting done. I actually had to almost paint a third one. When I took it outside to photograph, I promptly dropped it in the dirt. Don't you hate it when that happens? And, it wasn't even a plein air painting.

I used what I call "simultaneous colors" in painting this. I mix like values of different colors and use them together in a single brushstroke. I have been using this technique more and more. I started painting this way a little about 2 years ago, but I found that I was too skimpy with the paint. Now, I'm trying to paint like I'm a "millionaire". Well, it sounds good.

I will be taking off for Tucson early on Thursday morning for a four day workshop with Kenn Backhaus. I'm really excited about it. I took a workshop from him about 8 years ago or so at the Scottsdale aritsts school. So, I know that he is a fabulous teacher. I'll let you know all about it.

Check out my lastest blog post on Art Workshops Online about stretching my style and various art tips. 

This and all of my small paintings comes with a black wrought iron display easel.

Becky Joy
Website
Blog
Art Workshops Online
beckyjoyartist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...