Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Inspiration

I recently went to Seattle for a workshop by fellow palette knife painter Arlon Rosenhoff.  Wow!  I've been painting for a couple of years and once I tried the knife I knew right away it was for me.  I never had any training in it and felt limited.  I found Arlon on Facebook Palette Knife Painters and was immediately drawn to his style.  Now that I've attended his workshop I feel like I have a more complete and maturing style of my own.  I knew I was raw and needed some palette knife expertise and that's exactly what I found taking his workshop.  He is a beautiful man and a great teacher/artist...and his gallery and workshop space is beautiful.  Here are some birds I've started in my new "For the Birds" series Arlon suggested I do.  I'm planning an event to help raise money with this series to keep one of our local parks open in California that is marked for closure. 

 Flicker Oil (Palette Knife) 8 X 10 on Canvas Board

Maggie the Yellow Billed Magpie
Oil (Palette Knife) 8 X 10 on Canvas Board

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...