Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MORE COWS by OLGA WAGNER

Continuing with the palette knife vs. brush exercise.

Again, I taped two 6x6 panels side-by-side to a larger panel. Then I sketched the same cow on both panels. This time, however, I started the palette knife painting first followed by the brushes. Also, I gave myself permission to play with the background and change it.


COW#3 - Brush
6x6 Oil on Raymar Canvas Panel

Available







COW#2 - Palette Knife
6x6 Oil on Raymar Canvas Panel

Available







I also started this larger version of yesterday's cow. This one is done on a 24" by 24" Gallery Wrapped Canvas. The canvas was first prepared with modeling paste and orange gessoe. I used to use mainly black and grey gessoe, but now Orange is my color of choice. Holbein makes some really nice colored gessoe.

Work in Progress - Started putting down color.


Close-up of the modeling paste texture.





SAVE THE DATE: March 9th 6-9pm
Opening Reception

Focal Point Gallery, Chapel Hill
1215 E. Franklin street


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...