Monday, February 13, 2012

Lavender Valley by Roxanne Steed



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite archival panel

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Emerson really knows what I need to hear all winter....patience, summer warmth will come back again. Slow, steady....live in the moment....and day-dreaming is optional!

Lavender thoughts are sustaining me lately - not that this winter has been as harsh as last year. But I do crave those long days of sunshine with flowers tossing their blossoms to and fro. Wafting fragrance and the hum of flower-drunken honey bees.

Keys Creek Lavender Farm (Valley Center, CA) is one of those magical places that will forever have an effect on my painterly life. Being able to spend a few days painting on location locks these wonderful sensory elements into my brain. mmmm, can you feel the sunshine and smell that lofty fragrance???

For more information regarding this painting & to purchase, contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...