Saturday, February 11, 2012

Exploring the Past by Pamela Blaies

22" x 28"
Oil on Canvas

Lately I've been researching farm life in the early part of the 1900s. Looking at old, faded black and white photographs gives me glimpses of what their life might've been like. It was not easy back then. My Grandaddy grew up on a farm with 9 brothers and sisters and a few of them never made it to their teens. But there was a simple beauty to the lifestyle. I've begun a new series of paintings. These paintings are inspired by this early time and lifestyle, but I can't seem to resist romanticizing the settings.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...