Saturday, March 12, 2011

What Dreams May Come - poppy oil painting by Niki Gulley

"What Dreams May Come" ©2011 Niki Gulley
36" x 48" oil on canvas

In this painting I wanted to create a dream-like feel using one of my favorite flowers, the poppy, so I chose to paint this landscape at dusk as the sun is starting to set over the distant hills to add to that mood. I love the wildflower masses in the foreground creating waves of color, and the curving shapes adding to the sense of tranquility. I was mesmerized watching the cinematography in the movie “What Dreams May Come” and my painting reminded me a little of those magical graphics, so I decided to title my piece the same.

To see more of my textured oil paintings, go to NikiGulley.com,
or please stop by my booth at the Dallas Arboretum's Artscape art show next weekend
(March 18-20), dallasarboretum.org/artscape/index.htm, where I will be exhibiting
"What Dreams May Come" along with several of my other new palette knife paintings.

E-mail me at Niki Gulley if you would like more information.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...