Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Symphonic Splendor" By Jill Saur



© 3/2011 "Symphonic Splendor" by Jill Saur, all rights reserved





This 3 ft. by 3 ft. painting is a commission that I just finished.  It is vibrant and uplifting and the blues really make for a great backdrop!  My clients are going to hang this in their brand new home over their river rock fireplace in their main living area.  A painting like this brings a lot of life and warmth into a room and serves to be a focal point.  They gave me a piece of pottery with all these colors in it and a color chart of colors they will use as accents in their home and kitchen.  I prepared a palette of colors and met with them to have them approve what I came up with.  

The next step for me was to design a composition that they would like based on what they told me they wanted.  After I completed several drawings, I emailed them two or three different compositions and they approved one of them with a few changes.  

Since the husband had ideas that he wanted and the wife had ideas that she wanted, I listened to what they both liked and combined both into a preliminary 18"x18" painting that they just loved.  After all of this is done, I don't even have to think twice as to whether a client will like what I do for them.  I was very happy to have them visit my studio this past weekend and have them tell me that they love it!

To see more of my work that is for sale or to request a commission, please visit my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...