Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Texas Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrush painting by Niki Gulley

“Rhapsody in Blue” ©2011 Niki Gulley
Oil on canvas • 30” x 40”

When I was a teenager my grandparents moved to Texas and I loved coming down from Chicago to visit them. I remember the first time I saw a massive field of bluebonnets and I was awestruck by the expanse of color. It was amazing that such tiny flowers when planted in mass could form a solid sea of blue. I wanted to relive those fond family memories by recreating those exciting bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush displays I remember seeing for the first time in "Rhapsody in Blue." Using this interesting weathered farm house in Marble Falls and painting it engulfed in one of our prolific bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush displays perfectly captures those memories.

To see more of my Texas wildflower paintings, stop by my booth at Artscape, an outdoor art show at the Dallas Arboretum this weekend http://www.dallasarboretum.org/artscape/index.htm.

To see more of my textured oil paintings, visit my website at NikiGulley.com or
e-mail Niki Gulley for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...