Sunday, March 27, 2011

BLOCK-BUSTER ART TIPS AND PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



Shaking things up can bring new life to your work.

That’s what I did with this painting. Color and texture on the canvas became my real focus here.

I worked on a reddish toned canvas and allowed some of that undertone to remain visible between very bold strokes of thick, juicy color. (See the detail image.)

If you’re an artist who wants to “kick it up a notch” or break through the artist’s version of “writer’s block” you’ll benefit from my “50 BLOCK-BUSTER IDEAS”.

It’s my newest online lesson priced at just $20, and it’s delivered in PDF form via email.

Email me for details if you would like to take your art to new levels. tombrownstudio@cox.net


Today’s painting:

“PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY”

8x8 inch original plein air

oil painting by Tom Brown


This was painted on location during a plein air workshop I taught for other artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...