Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ART COMMENTS BY TOM BROWN




I want a little jewel like this to have “wall power” when viewed from a distance. Big punch. But that’s not all.

Up close I want it to have an “intimate charm” to appreciate on a different level. Thick swirls of rich luscious paint are there to enjoy for the paint itself. It’s a completely different experience.
I like to paint for both viewing distances simultaneously. I feel it keeps a painting like this fresh and exciting day after day.

That’s why I named this one:
“A SECOND GLANCE”
6x8 inch original plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

There are lots of examples like this in my hardcover book “STROKES OF JOY”. You can preview a portion of it at this link: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1786423

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...