Wednesday, March 2, 2011

palette knife oil landscape by BECKY JOY

5x7 oil on canvas panel
$150.
free shipping within US, free small black display easel
This is such a simple scene, but for some reason I was having a difficult time painting. Some days are just like that. I redid almost all of it from the beginning to the end. I would put down a stroke and no, not right, wipe it out and do it again.

I went out plein air painting this morning, but didn't finish the painting. I walked down into a canyon and forgot my tubes of paint, so it was a little scimpy on the paint. I borrowed from a friend, but you only want to borrow so much. I got enough done to finish it in the studio, except my camera battery went dead. So, I used my friend's camera. She just emailed me the photos tonight. Tomorrow I'll finish painting it. One of those days.

I started a new blog today, Painting, The Best of the Week. It's another blog for paintings, but a twist to it. I'll be asking artists to post to it once a week with what they think is their best painting along with their thoughts on why and about the painting, their thoughts and process. I posted the first painting, maybe you can be the next. Each contributor will have their name in the links. I want to keep the blog simple with each post and not a lot of sidebar gadgets, etc. There are a couple of pages, about the site and events for artists.

I'll be back here tomorrow with that plein air painting.
See ya, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...