Sunday, July 30, 2017

Floral Still Life on Linen, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Mary's Vase" 9x12" Oil

I did this painting a few weeks ago with my paint group, Pieces of Eight.  Mary brought in a set up of fresh flowers and her favorite vase.



purchase here
225 + shipping
 I wanted to keep it free and loose, so I started painting with both and palette knife and a brush.  I was painting on a linen covered panel, and left much of the background unpainted for added texture and interest.

I have never seen a mum in this colors before, white petals and a purpley blue center.  This is where the knife action came in.

Thank you Mary, for bring these beautiful fresh flowers and thank you to all who are reading my blog today.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...