Friday, July 28, 2017

Daily Painting | Mixed Media Abstract | Contemporary Art | Metallic Movement by Carol Schiff | 6x12x1.5" Acrylic SOLD

This is one of my favorite pieces....an abstract poured paint piece.  I poured several colors of acrylic, including some metallic colors, over the canvas.  Then the fun began as I tried to manipulate the canvas to help the paint flow into a pleasing design.

SOLD


That probably sounds very easy, but I beg to differ.  It is VERY messy and very difficult to do.  When I would move the paint where I wanted it in one area, another area was destroyed!  I have the utmost respect for artists, like Kimberly Conrad, who do this routinely.

detail
The metallic gold really catches the light and makes it special.



 I did two similar pieces, using the same colors.



detail

I usually end up tossing these out, or try to use them as an under painting, as the seldom feel like successful pieces to me.  It has been some time since I tried this....I think I am ready to give it another try,




www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...