Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lavender Summer by Marion Hedger

Lavender Summer Provence Landscape
18x24cm (approx 7x10inch) 
Oil on 3mm MDF canvas panel

This painting nearly slipped through the net. I painted it last year after my yearly trip to the lavender fields. For some reason I missed posting it! A shame because I really like the way it it turned out.

I thought you might like to see my inspiration photo. As you can see I used my artistic license to it's full extent, adding foreground colour and encouraging the far lavender field into bloom.

Tell me how you would have handled this photo.


Some Close-ups of the knife work



 And how it might look displayed


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...