Monday, October 10, 2016

Coral Reef Painting, Tropical Painting, Daily Painting, 24x30x1.5" Textured Oil Painting


This is another in my coral reef series....the largest so far.  It is highly textured, not with medium, but with paint.

purchase here

I sometimes paint over a failed painting, such as in this case.  Conventional wisdom will advise you to sand down your canvas and start over.  I prefer to let the texture of the failed painting show through.  Sometimes, I also allow pieces of the original art to show.

I orginally had an abstract piece on this canvas, but although I liked some parts of the abstact, I  was not happy with the whole piece.  The canvas set in my studio for several years before I attempted to reuse it.  This technique may not be for everyone, but I am the texture queen, so, it appeals to me.



Thanks for viewing my art today.

Carol Schiff

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...