Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tall tree against the sky, oil painting by Marion Hedger


Sky Reach by Marion Hedger
Palette knife painting
30x60cm (12"x24") oil on box canvas

The days are warming up and the sun is shining. Spring is definitely in full flow with the daffodils and the early irises blooming. We had a lovely walk this morning along the river. The plane trees have not started to bud up and still stand majestically proud against the bright blue winter sky. Unfortunately, I had no camera with me but I did wonder how I could capture those tall trees on a canvas.

The painting above is one I painted last year. It is of a cork tree not a plane tree, but maybe I could follow the same format. Do you think this would work for winter trees?

This older photo of a different part of  the rive gives you some idea of how tall the trees are.


CONNECT WITH ME:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...