Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Dog Painting, Daily Painting, Pet Portrait, Small Oil Painting, "The Mutt" 8x8x1.5" Oil

What is your favorite subject matter to paint?  I admire artists who paint the same objects time after time, something I can not seem to master.  I hop from subject matter to subject matter and even from impressionist to abstract.  I cannot seem to control my inner child artist!

purchase here
145. + shipping

 When I saw this image of my cousin's dog, I wanted to paint it immediately.  You can just tell that she (her name is Sally) is looking in the face of her beloved owner, looking for a pat on the head or a little taste of something forbidden.


detail

That is what hooked  me on this image.  It's not not the subject matter at all.  It could be the beautiful colors of a sunset, the light on a wave, the turn of a leaf......something that appeals to me.  Today it's those eyes.

I would love to hear why you paint, what you paint.

Thank you for reading my blog today.

 

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...