Sunday, March 13, 2016

Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Rose Still Life, Small Floral Still Life, "Mother's Rose" by Carol Schiff, 6x8" Oil

On this small oil painting, I tried to capture the beauty and feel of this lovely flower, without being too worried about duplicating the actual image. I painted with a knife and worked hard to keep my colors clean and my strokes pure.The knife has left a lot of texture to the piece that makes you want to reach out a touch it. I think it has a wild feel, which is just what I was working towards. The colors of pinks, purples and greens work well together with a touch of orange.


Purchase here
110 + shipping


I thoroughly  enjoyed this painting, so much so, that I painted a second in the same manner.  I will post the second painting next week.  I plan to try more of the same in the future.



Thanks for reading my blog today.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...