Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! by Pamela Blaies

24" x 18"
Oil on Canvas

When I saw this amaryllis in the store, I was charmed by the basket it was in.  It was pretty pricey for a flower arrangement, but I decided I had to have it.  I wanted to paint it before I left town.  I was disappointed that the petals didn't open until the night before we were leaving for the week.  I was also worried I wouldn't catch them in perfect bloom when I got back, but what could I do?  It turns out the blooms were even more perfect when we got back.  I slept in this morning and painted the rest of the day - what a great way to start off the new year!

I love to share my art and inspiration.  Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...