Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spending Time Indoors by Pamela Blaies

Untitled Study
11.5" x 9"

With the yucky winter weather lately, I've had to make the most of my time indoors in the studio. Today, I just finished a study that I completed in around 45 min. It was good to focus only on color and composition and forget about attending to details. It is a self portrait, so I've had to work from photos, but I can paint some of the scene from life as it is in my room by a north-facing window. The desk was the one I had growing up and although it is a traditional piece, it still has the psychedelic foil paper lining I used in the 70's. After I started working this morning, I realized I needed to add a brush. I've had to use my imagination to make this brush look old fashioned - check out what I used as a prop...

"Old Fashioned" Brush

I love to share my art and inspiration.  Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...