Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quiet Moments by Pamela Blaies

Oil on Canvas
30" x 24"

After the small pencil sketches and study I worked on in preparation for this piece, it was fun to finally work big. This is almost a life-sized figure. The challenge was to keep it loose and put in only the necessary detail for what I wanted this piece to say. The reference photos were taken by my daughter in a corner of my room where the light was perfect for my mood all last week - mostly thoughtful and sometimes sad.  I can almost sense the melancholy of the moment in this painting.   There is a beauty in quiet reflection. 

I love to share my art and inspiration.  Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...