Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Seascape Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Pink Clouds" , 11x14x1.5" Oil

I live close to the sea, and it turns up quite often in my art. Nothing gets me up faster than a fabulous sunrise...grab a cup of coffee and head for the beach, camera in hand.


purchase here
250. + shipping
 Yes, I said grab my camera, not my paints.  I am a studio painter.  I quickly get over-whelmed with plein aire and have no desire to try it again.  Give me my air conditioning, plumbing and subject matter that doesn't change.



For years, I felt I was not a "real artist" and hid my shameful secrete.  Actually, I have so much respect for artists that strap a 36x48" canvas on their back and then hike 3,000 feet to the top of a mountain tp paint.  Such dedication, and yes, the light cannot be duplicated.  But, neither can those special effects you can capture with a camera.  

My choices are paint in a studio, or don't paint.....and I am happy with the choice I made.  To each his own!

Thanks for reading my rant today :)


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...