Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas in Wachapreague, by Carrie Jacobson

Christmas in Wachapreague, by Carrie Jacobson
Oil on canvas, 10x10
At the height of the summer, 200 people live in our little town. In the middle of winter, I imagine it's less than half of that. But every holiday season, the volunteer fire department strings lights over Main Street. It's one of many small things that I love about our small town. I painted this on site at dusk on Christmas Day.


Here's my painting in the landscape, before the lights went on.

Please check out my website, Jacobson Arts, and my blog, The Accidental Artist (carriejacobson.blogspot.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...