Saturday, December 6, 2014

2014 summary by Natasa Vretenar

The end of 2014 is approaching fast and it is a good time to look back and see what happened on my artful journey this year.

The year started with 30 in 30 days challenge in January. I painted 30 cocks, and I had lots of fun and good laughs with my friends. It was a great way to start the year and get into a daily painting routine.

I had 4 solo shows this year as well. The first one was at Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton. My paintings were on display on the art wall in February and March.

My small paintings were on display at The Paint Spot in Artisan Nook in Edmonton, and I was the Artist of the Month at Westwood Unitarian in Parkallen.

My 4th solo show was at Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital. I love that I was juried to show my art at the hospital gallery. Knowing that my art brighten patients days for two months makes me happy! The picture below shows the display at The Blue Curve Gallery. I am happy to say that I applied again for their exhibits for 2015 and was accepted to show in their largest gallery - Mezzanine Gallery. The show will be October-December 2015. I am working on a series of Alberta landscapes for that exhibit.


My art was in nine group shows this year, and most of them were juried shows! One of the group juried shows was "Marking the Valley" organized by Visual Arts Alberta CARFAC. All of the paintings chosen depicted a place along the North Saskatchewan River Valley. My painting "Ravine" was purchased by the River Valley Alliance for their retiring executive director!!! I am excited about this and hope he enjoys it! I certainly had fun painting it :)


The shows are always a lot of work, but help me keep my priorities straight and stay motivated to work on a new series (or two).  This year I finished painting about 150 paintings, a lot of them on large canvases. I also did a lot of drawing, taking pictures for reference and went on several very productive and inspirational trips. It was truly an amazing year. I am hoping to do even more work in the next year, as we are comfortably settled into our lives here in Edmonton now, and I can do full-time painting. Such an exciting time in my life!

I am starting 2015 with a solo show "Serene Vistas" at Milner Gallery at the library downtown! I am putting it up on January 2nd and it will be up until the end of the month. Two more solo shows are lined up so far for 2015 - one in July at The Carrot Gallery, and one in October at GRH, Mezzanine Gallery. I already signed up for a few other shows and exhibits - more details on those in the new year!

visit me at www.artbynv.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...