Saturday, April 20, 2013

Carving Out Time for Me by Pamela Blaies


6" x 6"
oil on linen panel

I had a thousand things going yesterday, so it was tough to carve out time to paint, but I was determined. I headed to my studio, turned off all of the phones and felt like I was entering a spa. As I listened to music, the composition seemed to put itself together. I used a lot of paint and intentionally kept my brushstrokes loose. With my palette knife I gave juicy highlights to the lemons and sharp reflections on the cup with gold trim. This has turned out to be one of my favorites, it feels fresh and full of color and light.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...