Sunday, June 19, 2011

To My Cowboy Dad by Pamela Blaies

Tree by the Gravel Road
20" x 16"
Oil on Canvas

Father's Day is a great time to think about how lucky I am to have such a great Dad! My Dad has always been a cowboy at heart. He is living his dream on a farm outside of the Austin area. He works with his tractor, puts up fences and raises mustangs. He loves it when I paint views from his land - and how can I resist with all of the character and beauty I see everytime I visit. This painting is a view of a tree by the long gravel road from his farmhouse. Unexpected colors and thickly textured clouds add interest and make me feel as if I'm back, enjoying the drive.

To find out more about my palette knife oil paintings, visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...