Saturday, June 4, 2011

Horizon Series: Abstract Aspens by Kay Wyne

Horizon Series: Abstract Aspens
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Palette Knife Painting
This painting is drying right now, and it is full of earthy colors, texture and lines. This painting evolved after I was experimenting with some mixed and muted oils. As with most of my abstracts, I have a horizon line on the canvas. I had blocked in some geometric shapes, and after day two started seeing aspens. Then more aspens appeared. It is a different direction than most of my bright and colorful aspens. I was encouraged to use this palette by several observers, and painted another canvas very similar. I will be posting that painting tomorrow. I hope to have a full day in the studio...thanks for taking a look at this blog. Kay at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...