Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Robin's Nest..Small (6x6) palette knife painting by Peg Whitacre

After painting a 9x12 version of the robin's nest I chose to make a smaller one as well.  For some unknown reason both these paintings receive a lot of attention (no buyers yet but I live in hope!) both online and at shows.  Something about painting things from nature seems to connect with people.  I plan to try some different types of nests as well as the birds who occupy them.  Right now I have a pair of Tree Swallows nesting in a box on my deck.  They are not very welcoming to humans!  Trying to sit outside or allow the cat to play on the deck can be hazardous to both our health!  Having been dive-bombed several times I figured it's easier to wait this out than to be chased from my own property.  If they ever show their young'uns I will be sure to photograph them.  Enjoy the robin's nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...