Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thinking Out Loud - Cat on a Cup



4"x4" oil on canvas mounted on board

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."
- Ellen Perry Berkeley


Today's little painting, a 4"x4" sketch, which I'm calling, "Thinking Out Loud" is actually like 'thinking out loud' in paint - sort of the next step beyond ink & paper sketchbooks for me. It's a small section of a larger commission and I'm trying a combination of brushwork & palette knife to see how I like it before I proceed on with the larger painting.

Yesterday, after I painted this on Monday, we lost power for several hours during a howling wind storm! Luckily I had cleaned up my paint brushes already. And luckily I had not started chopping up anything to cook yet for dinner (just had it all set out). So back it went, it's on the menu for dinner tonight!

But even with the stormy afternoon/evening, I got lots done in the morning, a load of paintings varnished, a new shipment of frames in to get ready for an up-coming show....and a delightful studio visit this morning (Tuesday, as I write this), thanks Jane & Wendy!

Welcome to my latest new subscribers! I do hope you enjoy the paintings, photos & stories! I always love hearing comments from my readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...