Sunday, October 31, 2010

BECKY JOY wintersnow scene oil painting

Lately I've been working on larger paintings and finishing paintings that I have started. Today I finished this 20x24. I started with an abstract design with the color and lights and darks then did some negative painting, then positive. Back and forth. This was a painting that I had started a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't happy with the composition or the color. I had the trees to light and bright and there was no where for me to go as far as light accents. The sky and snow are a violet color which I thought was very pleasing with the orange reds. This was a lot of fun once I let go and just started with a loose design. It was too tight before and I wasn't having fun with it. 

I posted this on my website and also updated my website. I've got another on the easel today and will probably paint through Halloween on it.

Talk to you all later
BECKY JOY
www.beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

1 comment:

  1. This is very beautiful! I love snow scenes and this has such a wonderful ambiance! - Jill

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...