Friday, October 1, 2010

california plein air festival by BECKY JOY





Hi everyone!
What a great week painting. It has been a very productive week painting like a mad woman. Overall, I'm very pleased with the results. I finished 16 paintings from 8x10 to 11x14. This is just a part of them. I'll have to take more photos when I get home.

I was really in the "zone". I even forgot to eat one day (not good) and that certainly  doesn't happen often to me. Anyway, today was the day that we turned in 6 of our paintings for the show. Now its relax until tonight for the opening.

Tomorrow morning is the quick draw. Always an exciting event. Its really a rush (literally and figuratively) during the two hours. After the paintings are done they are auctioned off. I'm hoping to get some small paintings done on Sat afternoon and Sunday. Both days have a lot of waiting around until the show is taken down on Sun at 4. Then I'll be heading home.

I'll post some more later and hopefully some photos of the event.
Becky joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...