Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Fragmented II" Abstract Acrylic Mixed Media by Natasa Vretenar

When I decided to devote my time seriously to art I went through a stage when I had to try as many mediums as possible. Therefore - I bought soft pastels, oil pastels, oils, acrylics, canvases, solid supports. I slowly figured out what works and what does not work for me. I love working with oils - but decided against them because of having small kids in the house and not having a separate studio. I finally settled on acrylics - they dried fast and the abundance of acrylic mediums, gels, pastes and paints made it easy for me. If you have not noticed yet - I do love texture :) I am learning new techniques every day, trying to add mixed materials to my paintings, testing different glues and supports for my art. It is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...