Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tuscan Melon, French Roses by Roxanne Steed



“The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction.”

- Chanakya


16"x20" oil on canvas mounted on archival artboard

I heard they were calling for thunderstorms today, (which never materialized), so I decided I would clip some blossoms to paint rather than let the rain beat them up. So I went out & gathered some of the most fragrant roses & peonies. Really delightful and not overpowering like some blooms can be. And the melon.... this beautiful Tuscan melon I picked up at the grocery store yesterday is the most fragrant thing! It begged to be painted, along with the grapes! This is what summer is all about- warmth, frangrance, beauty....a total delight!

I may attempt another photography session in the daylight with this one...I think it could be better...for truer color.

While it's wet & unframed:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $500 USD plus $26 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...