Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Red Sails In The Harbor by Roxanne Steed



8"x6" oil on linen mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"The ocean has always been a salve to my soul...the best thing for a cut or abrasion was to go swimming in salt water. Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land."
- Jimmy Buffett



Ahh, so true! After a long miserable winter....while waiting for the garden to emerge in spring...there's nothing like the first days when it's warm enough to 'bring out the boats'. That's the best part of living on the shoreline here in New England. I spent part of a recent weekend here in Mystic & Stonington just watching boats, hanging out by the water. After spending most of my adult life near the shore, I don't think I could ever move inland again. And of all the boats I spotted, I was really intrigued by this one in Stonington harbor with the red sails, backlit by the late afternoon sun...heading back into the harbor.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job on the water and reflection from a fellow New Englander!
    Loving this weather.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...