Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy Homecoming by Pamela Blaies

Scarlet Ribbon
7" x 5"
oil on linen

Just returned home this week from a few weeks of travelling where I forced myself to relax and take a break from painting.  It was fun, but I had art withdrawals after painting daily for several months. I was happy to return home, get back in the studio and see that Scarlett Ribbon received a FAV15 jury award for June!  I really like the effect here of using my palette knife to create sharp contrast for highlights and some clean edges in conjunction with painterly brush strokes.  Check out the new August Entry HERE.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...