Thursday, July 11, 2013

Container garden sunshine and some WIP photos by Marion Hedger

Container garden sunshine by Marion Hedger
18x24cm oil on canvas 


I love summer and the vivid colours of the flowers. Living in the south of France, some of the garden flowers go into a rest period and loose some of their colour. To counteract this, I always plant loads of containers. This adds lots of colours to areas of the garden.

I posted this painting yesterday and would like to share my work in progress pictures.
I started by blocking in the local colours using a brush, I then progressively added more definition and texture using a brush and knife as the fancy took me. The third step was more of the same but using the knife more and thicker paint. The last stage, as usual, was refining and I also opened up some of the flowers and foliage at the top of the design to get some breathing space into the painting. The final touches were the thicker highlights.
Marion Hedger website


Follow my daily painting blog
contact me about this or any other painting HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...