Saturday, October 1, 2011

Barn Cats by Pamela Blaies

12" x 24" 
Oil on Canvas 

 My parents have some barn cats to keep mice away from the house. They are fun to snuggle if you can catch them. I've been inspired lately by vintage photographs from the early to mid 1900s.  Black and white photos are fun to use as references because I allow my imagination to take me to other places and times as I work to bring scenes from the past back to life onto my canvas. I painted this little girl's cherubic face with extra rosy flush to add a vintage feel to this piece.

 I love to share stories and the inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...