Monday, July 18, 2011

Copy Cat Commission by Pamela Blaies

Commissioned Red Poppies on the Beach
48" x 48"
Oil on Canvas

Today, I just finished a commissioned piece that I thought would be fun to share. My collector really loved a painting in my available collection, that I blogged about on June 24th called Red Poppies on the Beach. However, it was too small for the place she was planning to hang the artwork and she wanted the blues in the sky and sea to be slightly different to match her decor. It was fun to "Super-Size" it. I loved painting it the first time, so I looked forward to painting it again. I was also able to add a little more detail due to almost doubling it's size. The great thing is that although it is similar to the painting she first admired, it is now a one-of-a-kind original created just for her.

If there are paintings in my collection that interest you, but aren't quite the right fit or are already sold, a commissioned original might be a great option for you.

I love to share stories of the inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.

I have a brand new Facebook Fan Page, which I update with my newest paintings. Click here to follow me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...