Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chase The Sun by Roxanne Steed



8"x8" oil on archival panel


"A good laugh is sunshine in the house."

-William Makepeace Thackeray



Monday afternoon I came back inside to paint another cheery bouquet. These yellow daisies and purple statice flowers have lasted so long! It's such fun to change the colored cloths around with each arrangement, looking for every subtle color influence, cast shadows, reflections, all interesting to the eye. I chose the name "Chasing The Sun" since I have a feeling we're going to be doing that this week here in coastal Connecticut. The good thing is, all these April showers are going to make for a fabulous May!
Visit my blog for purchase information, or contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...