Monday, January 3, 2011

Rainy day in Phoenix, AZ by Becky Joy

A 9x12 oil on linen panel $650.
To purchase click here.
I painted this scene from Superior, AZ last week. I wasn't happy with it. I had too much pure color in it to look like a gray day. So, it was back to the drawing (painting) board with it. I started all over and used subtle shades of gray and warmed up the sky where all the light was. The light was coming down on the road which was out in the open. That had the most light of any place.
Anyway, I loved the funky buildings. Superior is a wealth of old "stuff". A fun place to meander around. It is still gray here in AZ today. Tomorrow I plan to get out and do some plein air painting. After all, we don't get very many gray days.

Remember to go to my website for a 2011 free calendar download.

Talk to you all later,
Becky
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...