Saturday, January 22, 2011

My first post on Palette Knife Painters!

Hi everyone!

I want to say a big thank you for accepting me on the Palette Knife Painters blog. I have really enjoyed looking at all your wonderful work, and am really pleased that I can join you. Let me give you a brief introduction to me and my work. I live in a small town in the middle of England (UK). I have been painting all my life, but started to do more after finishing work to raise my three children. I have had quite a few exhibitions and commissions, so have had the pleasure of selling paintings to others. My youngest child has just started playgroup, so I hope to have more time to paint! My life is pretty busy, especially as my oldest child, who will turn 7 in february, has severe learning and medical disabilities, so hopefully joining this site will give me the incentive and encouragement to paint and post regulary, and concentrate a bit more on my art. I would love to develop a career in painting full time.

Having dabbled in various mediums and styles over the years, I now paint using oil paint and palette knives, hence my excitement in discovering and joining this blog! I love the medium of oil paint on canvas, and I particulary love the effects and results of painting with palette knives.

Anyway, here is my first offering to the blog, a painting done entirely using palette knives with oil on canvas.


"Easter Tulips' oil on canvas 30x30cm (sold)

I hope to get feedback from other members, and will appreciate your comments and critisism. as I learn more about painting using palette knives.

Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...