Saturday, January 22, 2011

AN ARTIST’S SNAPSHOT BY TOM BROWN



“THE ARTIST’S SNAPSHOT”
4.5x2.5 inch original palette knife
oil painting study by Tom Brown

A picnic table beneath a sheltering tree offered charming material for a beautiful painting.

But time was short. I had only a few minutes; no time for a full-blown painting.

The solution: I whipped out my pochade box and palette knife. Bam! In minutes I had captured the essence of the scene in an “oil painting snapshot.”

I’m including a photo taken while I was there. The photo records the truth of the scene, but my little oil study records the FEELING I wanted to communicate. It’s tiny, but it packs a wallop.

Let me know if you like it: tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...