Monday, June 8, 2015

Fishermans Cove, Laguna Beach, CA


Fishermans Cove, Laguna Beach, CA
Oil on 24x36 inch Panel
Oscar Arroyo
www.oscararroyo.com 

While out and about with my dear friend, and fellow painter, Esther Jacks, we ended up along the shore of Laguna Beach. 

As a native Californian, I am one of many who don't really frequent the beaches and coastal areas of Southern California.

This place felt different from what I was accustomed to with the coast. First thing I noticed was the color of the water, it was blue!!! A bold and delightful dark blue. The rocky cliffs, reminded of Big Sur, one of my favorite places on the planet. It was surprising to find these geological features not too far from home. I really enjoyed the area. 

Fishermans Cove, is a larger piece from what I am accustomed to painting with it being so far the second painting of that particular size that I've made, but, I found myself, as always, immersed in the creative process that only the knife and the freedom it allows, can possess. 

- Arroyo -

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...