Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Color of Summer by Kay Wyne


Color of Summer
10" x 20" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Landscape Painting
Pushing, pulling, scraping and laying in the oils with my palette knife gives this painting an impressionistic feeling.  I started with an underpainting using a brush.  After looking at it for a couple of months on my easel, I decided I needed to take a different approach and repainted it with the knife.  I am much more satisfied with the outcome, especially with the color relationships.  The burnt orange contrasting against the violet and greens makes it pop. The colors of the landscape remind me of how a hot and dry summer day feels....therefore, the name, "Color of Summer".  I can't wait to put a frame on this panel once I varnish it.  This painting will be for sale once it dries.  Contact Kay for purchasing info.  Thanks, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...