Tuesday, May 5, 2015

LANDSCAPE and another Art Lesson by Tom Brown

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THIS PAINTING.
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING ON MASONITE PANEL by TOM BROWN

A MELLOW MOOD is what this painting is about. Peace and serenity. Soft breezes, clear skies and happy little birds chwibbering in the trees.

I wanted to capture the emotion and essence of the scene. It’s what I’m emphasizing in the Plein Air Workshop I’m teaching, and this is a good example. If we artists don’t allow ourselves to get side tracked by fussy little details, it’s easier to focus on what’s really important; even if it’s just the feeling or mood of the moment.

I hope that comes through in this little gem. Enjoy the view.

I’d love to hear from you if you have questions or comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...