Monday, February 23, 2015

Vanishing Violet Irises and an Ice Storm Rescue Story - Flower Painting Classes and Workshops by Nancy Medina Art

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1689704

 Vanishing Violet Irises
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Palette Knife/Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


First thing this morning after checking in at the studio/office with the bosses/pugs, I set out in my business casual bathrobe to the back yard post haste with a pair of scissors. My mission, not to frighten the neighbors (although this is sometimes the result of these types of excursions), but to rescue my purple irises from the impending ice storm. Apologizing profusely as I snipped their bright stems as low to the ground as I dared without damaging the mama plants, I hastily rushed these four beauties indoors to fresh water resuscitation in a glass vase. Tonight they held up quite well under my hot studio lights, just long enough to inspire a bit of color, flare, and fun purple splash onto a nearby canvas. Stay tuned, tomorrow we could be in for more violet, if these ladies do not vanish overnight.



http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1689704

 The studio model eyes her likeness with a critical stamen...



http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1689704

Hey lady, don't get too close to the paint there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...